Reiki and the Chakras
Many people ask me about Reiki and how it works. Well Reiki mainly works on the chakras. Reiki work is about opening the chakras and the hand positions are primarily over the chakras. The seven major chakras are placed in a vertical line down the body, front and back.
As well as storing negative energies in the body, we also store them in chakras - the main energy centres of the etheric system. This causes problems in the surrounding physical organs and blocks the flow of energies which is vital to our whole well being. A lack of energy flow in a persons energy system eventually can lead to disease so it is important to open the chakras and increase our energy flow.
The more energy we let flow the healthier we are. One of the functions of the Chakra network is to convey the life force to the nucleus of every cell in the body.
The Seven major chakras are represented by colour and position:
1. The Base or Root Chakra located at the base of the spine and is (Red)
2. The Sacral Chakra located between the navel and the Base Charkra and is (Orange)
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra is (Bright golden Yellow)
4. The Heart Chakra located in the centre of the chest and is (Green or Pink)
5. The Throat Chakra is (Blue)
6. The Brow or Third Eye Chakra located in the middle of the forehead is (Indigo)
7. The Crown Chakra located at the top of the head is (Violet or White)
There are also four minor chakras related to healing located in the hands and feet.
Each Chakra represents different physical, emotional and spiritual aspects and the Reiki practitioner identifies which chakras need to be worked on sending healing energy often in the form of colour to those sites. The practitioner may also receive messages that are handed on to the recipient.
For now these are the basics, just know that colour can influence your well being in many ways and can be used for healing a myriad of conditions.
Love and light always